Having an eCommerce store is a necessity these days. If you are operating your business through an eCommerce platform you understand how important it is to have a secure payment gateway system. As you will have customers from all over the world, therefore it is imperative to have a secure and streamlined payment method. With secure transactions, you build trust amongst your customers which helps in improving revenue.
Magento 2 is a powerful eCommerce platform. Over the years with the launch of Magento 2 more and more businesses are moving towards Magento. As Magento 2 overcame the demerits of Magento 1. It is now considered to be one of the most reliable and trustworthy platforms among the business community.
But like other platforms, if you want to take full advantage of Magento 2 you have to install some extensions for better performance. These extensions not only enhance the performance of your store but also lay the foundation for high returns in the future.
Magento offers a wide variety of extensions to choose from. So you have the option to choose the one that suits you the best. Based on your business model and your customer base choose which extension is the best one for you.
What is a Payment Gateway?
To put it simply, a payment gateway refers to the process that captures and receives payment data from the customer and transfers that to the admin or acquirer. The mode of a transaction can be different like credit card or debit card. The main focus is to secure the whole transaction process no matter what the method is. A payment gateway is a third-party resource. To keep the process working smoothly, you need to integrate extensions that fulfill your needs. So when it comes to choosing the right extension consider what you want, and then compare each available option with that so that you can get the best one possible.
How to choose the right extension?
The available options to choose from are as vast as the sky and deeper than the ocean. To choose from the plethora of extensions can be overwhelming at times. When it comes to money the more secure it is the better. As long as your customers feel secure doing business with you, they will stay with you.
With the implementation of gateway extensions to your Magento 2 store, it’s easy to control and manage all the tasks and the whole transaction process. This helps you to improve the checkout and buying process. Which helps to keep you ahead of your competitors.
Here are a few key points to keep in mind when choosing the right extension.
1. Compare Prices:
As conventional as it sounds but yes money does matter. There are tons of free and paid extensions in the market. Debate about which one is better is never-ending. But one thing is for sure that to take full advantage of your store you have to rely on paid extensions. With paid extensions, you have the leverage to utilize more features as compared to the free versions.
One more thing when you go for paid extensions, compare prices and features of different paid extensions and then choose the one that fits your profile the best.
2. Study customer’s reviews:
The stars may lead you in the right direction, but not this time. Ratings and customer reviews don’t always tell everything. You can’t trust them every time. Ask professionals and experts who have used the plug-ins before. They can provide you insight that no one else can.
In a nutshell, as much as reviews and ratings are important you can’t rely on them alone.
3. Make your purpose clear:
With tons of plug-ins having various features and functionalities for your business. Every business is unique and has specific requirements. Based on your requirements you can narrow down your options. Tabulate all your available options against your requirements. In this way, you get a clear picture and make a wise decision.
4. Customer Support:
Which plug-in you choose is one thing and how that plug-in will affect your store in the future is another thing. This is a well-known fact that at some point you will be needing customer support from the provider of the extension. In adverse times, if the provider company has a working support system it can save some quality time required for maintenance. And it can help you make your system more efficient and which in turn will help you generate greater revenue.
As discussed above, finding the right payment gateway extensions is like finding a needle in a haystack. So to help you make your decision easy we have picked some of the best plug-ins that will make your payment method way smoother. Moreover, if you want to create custom plug-ins or extensions, see Yazlo. I got help from this website and hope it helps you too. So without further ado, let’s dive into the list of best payment gateway extensions to choose from.
5. One Step Checkout by Amasty:
To kick-off our list we have One-Stop Checkout by Amasty. A user-friendly one step checkout process. It speeds up the whole payment process which results in customer satisfaction. As the name suggests, you can create a smooth, streamlined checkout page for your customers. Which creates a loyal customer base and in-turn increases revenue.
- Detects location automatically using GEO IP tool
- Applies preselected values for certain checkout categories
- Customers can edit product options at the checkout
- Display date and time for delivery
- Enable comments for orders and deliveries
- Amazon pay support alongside other popular payment systems
- Free support for 3 months
- 60 days trial period with a return money
- Free updates for a lifetime
6. Worldpay Business Payment:
Supporting more than 120 different currencies, to make payments easy from all over the world. It is highly regarded as one of the best payment extensions all around the UK. With the option to choose between two types of accounts, business account, and online account. You have the leverage to choose the type of account that suits you the best. You can also integrate the extension to your existing business account which offers a smooth transition. With the callback function and a secure credit card payment, it really makes for a great user experience.
- Easy integration to new or existing websites
- Keeps customer’s card information protected
- Determine whether the request type is authorized or pre-authorized
- Automated update of order status after completion of order
- Allows admin to access all the transaction details at the order page backend
- PCI/DSS certifications are not required, as all payment data is transferred through the payment form
- Redirects buyers to a hosted payment page
- Highly secure, with access to fraud prevention services
7. Authorize.net Customer Information Manager (CIM):
When it comes to security, Authorize.net CIM stands right at the top. With a simple checkout process and an extra layer of security, it really makes the checkout process an easy and secure one. It allows the customers to store the payment information on secure servers of authorize.net CIM. Which transcends the payment process to the next level. With secured data, it makes it easier for customers to buy in the future. All in all, it provides uncompromising security, a simple process, and a superior customer experience.
- Improved security by enabling Accept.js to send CC to Authorize.net
- Save payment information to reuse for future
- Allows to pay by credit card or e-cheque
- Filter and manage spammy transactions
- Supports Magento API
- Offers partial and full refund for orders
- Admin has the option to store order on behalf of the customer with stored data
- Add, delete, or edit saved payment information for every individual user
- Can send line items along with transactions
- Provides support for both XML and SOAP
8. Sage Pay Integration:
Sage Pay is often regarded as one of the simplest and trusted Magento 2 extensions. It is streamlined, secure, and easy to install and operate. It provides the unique functionality of creating multiple subscription plans for each product if you want. This makes Sage Pay more flexible and versatile for the users. It is verified by opayo to provide 100% secure transactions. PCI, DSS, PSD2, and other security standards are verified for sage pay.
- Offers 3D secure 2.0 for an extra layer of security
- Allow payments for Opayo- PI, Form, Server, Direct, and also for Paypal
- Accept all major credit cards for payment
- Free support for 6 months
- Allows to restrict payments for specific countries is required
- MOTO support
- Free installation for all users
- Enables tokenization and saving cards of users
- Already updated to SagePay protocol 3.0
- Email notifications for transactions
9. PayPal Pro:
PayPal is the most popular and widely used payment gateway, and there is a reason for it. With over 218 million customer accounts and more than 17 million merchant accounts, the facts certainly don’t lie. With a free account and a free mobile application, it appeals to a larger audience. Their business version PayPal Pro allows merchants to accept a variety of credit cards including Amex and Visa. With such diverse choices and easy access, it is rightfully regarded as the best. With PayPal Pro, you can deal in 26 different currencies and over 200 countries. This makes it an ideal solution for both small and medium businesses.
- You can create and forward customized invoices
- No setup or monthly subscription required
- Allows website payment through credit card
- Available in almost every country
- Customers can use their personalized account
- Available on both android and PC
- Quick and secure payment
- Allows processing of both credit and debit cards.
Online payment has made things a lot easier for all businesses. The success of any store lies in the payment process. Therefore, it is important to use the right payment gateway for your store. The gateway you decide to choose should be according to your needs, your customer behavior, and your business goals.
Here we have discussed some of the best payment gateways for Magento 2 in detail. Choosing a payment gateway and integrating it with your Magento store can be tricky and can be the differentiating factor among your competitors. So choose wisely.
Also read about: 5 Of The Best E-Wallets In India