Androidtv.com/setup: Android TVs and players are a good investment if you want to have all the entertainment at hand. However, they require an installation that, although simple, has several forms of execution. We show you how to set up your Android TV without hassle and in less than five minutes.
Android TV is an operating system for TVs and devices that supports the big screen, offering not only access to a large number of multimedia streaming applications and services, but also to Android applications and games. Everything on TV, with integrated Google Chromecast and the ease of having everything accessible from a remote control. Also, Android TV is very easy to set up, you just need to follow a few steps.
Assisted configuration and two installation modes
As with the first boot of an Android phone, any Android TV device, whether it’s a TV or a player, must run an installation process to register a Google account, choose whether or not to use the Wizard, select the applications that will be installed and also register the device with the manufacturer. This process can done using another phone, using a web browser or manually entering all the data with the Android TV remote control. We will give up this last form of configuration, because it is quite cumbersome, although you can use it if you do not have another Android or a browser at hand, be it mobile or desktop. Also, Android TV can be turned into digital signage and is very easy to set up, you just need to follow a few steps
To begin the process of setting up an Android TV, you need to do the following:
- Connect your Android TV according to the manufacturer’s diagram (to the TV’s power outlet and to a free HDMI). Turn it on and select the HDMI to which you have connected the device.
- Choose your language and go to the next screen.
- If you have an Android phone, use the settings with your mobile phone (recommended). Otherwise, click “Skip” to choose the settings via “Androidtv.com/setup” or enter the user data manually.
Set up Android TV with another Android
Androidtv.com/setup: If you’re using an Android, you need to set up your Android TV as if it were a new phone. To do this, you must perform the following process:
- Open your mobile settings and search for Google options.
- Click “Set and Restore” and “Set Near Device.”
- Go to “Next”, and your mobile phone will detect Android TV after a few seconds of searching.
- Make sure the TV screen and the phone screen display the same code and click “Next”.
- Select the WiFi network that Android TV will connect to, and allow Google to copy it from your mobile phone to your TV device. You will need to authorize the operation.
- Select the Google account you will use with Android TV.
- Google will set up Android TV with your data: you just need to complete the process of accepting the conditions on your TV device.
- Android TV will probably suggest apps to install – select the ones you want or skip the screen.
Once the process is complete, you will have Android TV active: install the desired applications on Google Play and you’re done.
Configuration with androidtv.com/setup
We have already seen that installing the TV device with another Android is very simple, but it is not much more complicated to do the configuration without another phone. For this, Google has provided a website that facilitates process, you need a browser to access it (valid for both the desktop and mobile).
- Select “Skip” on the choice screen with another Android and select the WiFi connection that your device will use.
- Tap on sign in with your Google Account – choose “Use phone or computer” to avoid typing with the Android TV remote control. If you do not have a browser at hand, connect from the remote control.
- Now open the web browser and go to “Androidtv.com/setup“. Write down code that appears on TV screen.
- Sign in to your browser with the Google Account that will be transferred to your Android TV.
- Now finish the process on the TV by accepting the conditions of use, which applications will be installed and the rest of the information needed to formalize the start.
With both methods, you’ll have your new Android TV set up in just a few steps and in less than five minutes. And once you have your device connected to your TV, WiFi, and your Google Account, you can enjoy it with all the apps available on Google Play. Netflix, Movistar +, HBO, Disney Plus and more: Android TV offers access to a multitude of entertainment, including games.
Set up hotspot for Android TV
You can connect your Android TV to the internet with mobile data.
Make sure you have mobile data enabled.
On your Android phone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Touch Network and Internet and then Hotspot and Tethering.
- Turn on the mobile hotspot or Bluetooth connection.
On Android TV:
- When the TV says, “Quickly set up your TV with your Android phone?” use the remote control to choose Skip.
- Select Connect to phone data.
- In “Available networks”, choose the access point name.