Most people use Discord to communicate with their friends and other people, but the discord sometimes keeps breaking down. If you are annoyed with the discord keeps crashing problem, then you will be interested in this article.
Discord is a platform for players to chat with friends, and improve the gaming experience. However, several users have reported that Discord keeps crashing unexpectedly. In fact, users may encounter Discord randomly crashing during games or on startup.
It is difficult for users to discover the root of the problem as it appears without any warning or error message. Fortunately, here are some proven methods that you can use to fix Discord crashes issue. Without further ado, let’s look at them one by one.
Table of Contents
Disable hardware acceleration
Discord’s hardware acceleration feature allows GPUs to present all graphics and text to improve your experience. However, it is true that a conflict that closes on startup can occur with this feature enabled.
So, you can try to disable it to fix the problem.
- Open the Discord client and enter its settings.
- Choose the theme from the right panel.
- In the right pane, turn off the button next to Hardware acceleration in the ADVANCED section.
Enable Legacy Mode
Another way to remove Discord Broken issue is to enable Discord Legacy Mode. If this problem occurs when using a microphone or other audio / video interactions then feel free to use this method.
- Go to Discord settings.
- Click on the Audio and Video tab in the left pane.
- On the right pane, open the AUDIO SUBSYPT dropdown menu and choose inherit.
After confirming the change, the issue should have been resolved.
Disable compatibility mode
If the disagreement continues to unravel, Consensus Mode may be responsible. You can go to disable this mode for Discord to solve the problem.
- Close Discord client completely.
- Right-click on the Discord desktop icon and choose Properties.
- Switch to Compatibility tab and uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for the option.
Alt = Disable Discord Compatibility Mode
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to save your change.
After that, you can restart the application and see if the Discord crashing issue is resolved.
If some Discord files or caches get corrupted, the client might crash as well. In this case, you can go to wipe Discord’s cache and some related files to fix the problem. This process won’t lead to any further problem, as it will be recreated the next time you start Discord.
- Close Discord and press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Copy and paste% AppData% \ discord into the address bar and hit Enter.
- In the Discord folder, delete both the cache folders and the local storage folders.
Now exit File Explorer and restart Discord. This time you should be able to use Discord without any problems.
If all of the above methods failed to fix your Broken Discord issue, you might need to reinstall Discord, and it’s easy to use as well.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter appwiz.cpl and click OK to open Programs and Features window.
- Choose Discord and click the Uninstall button to remove this program.
- Enter% AppData% \ in the Run dialog box and hit Enter. Right-click on the discord folder and choose Delete to remove all relevant data from your computer.
- Go to Discord official website to download and install the latest version according to the instructions provided.
Once done, run the new installer rift and check for problems.
Also know about: Chromecast Source Not Supported? Easily fix It