The M. Com Distance Education course by LPU is two years four semesters course which is designed in such a way that the student gains comprehensive knowledge of commerce and management with a field of specialization. Lovely Professional University Distance M. Com fees is a special program for students who opt for distance education.
The qualifying criteria are that an eligible candidate should have a minimum of fifty percent marks in his bachelor’s degree in commerce or management or economics or accounts. However, there is a five percent marks relaxation for Northeast and Sikkim candidates, defense personnel, and their wards and wards of Kashmiri migrants. After that, the candidate must clear the qualifying examination.
The Lovely Professional University Distance M. Com fees per semester are rupees eighty thousand, however, there are various scholarships offered by the university. The examination fee is rupees three thousand per semester with some exception to foreign students. Lovely Professional University Distance M. Com fees are comparatively cheaper than other universities.
The fees for successive semesters will be payable before the end of teaching of the preceding semester. The term ‘Programme fee’ as mentioned above, includes – Tuition and Development fees; University Fee for Registration/ Enrolment, Cultural, Sports, Club activities, Co-curricular activities, etc.; Fee for Additional Services/ Facilities for Contingency, Outreach, Placement, Medical, Counsellor, etc. as prescribed by the University. The payment of fees will be done by demand draft or pay the order in favor of Lovely Faculty of Business and Applied Arts; however, cash can be deposited only at the division of admissions at the university campus at Phagwara.
The essential requisites that a candidate must do on getting admission is that he must procure at least one textbook for each course and buy a carry bag in all semesters. A laptop is very much compulsory, and the student must spend approximately rupees three thousand on a blazer, trousers, shirt, tie, or scarf.
The advantage of the M. Com course is that it is accredited by ACBSP(USA) and has an international exposure option subject to various conditions.
The program outcomes of the courses comprise of the following
1) Development of Solutions: Apply analytical decision-making skills and solve problems using cross-functional information and research tools.
2) Technical Skills: To carry out accounting transactions using industry-relevant software.
3) Research Orientation: Apply research and statistical tools to investigate business issues and problems.
4) Sustainability and Ethics: Take or recommend business decisions in the light of professional ethics and sustainability concerns.
5) Communication: Exercise effective written and oral communication skills for professional presentations and social interactions.
6) Leadership and Teamwork: Demonstrate ability to lead or work as an effective team member in organizing events or discharging responsibilities.
7) Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
The Lovely Professional University Distance M. Com fees program-specific outcomes are mainly to impart training in various functional areas of business, research tools, and statistical software to solve business problems and secondly to facilitate implementation of accounting and finance principles and practices in the context of national and international business.
To conclude, the M. Com course offered by LPU will greatly help the candidate to progress much in his career or business
Also read about: Bringing Social Robots into Early Childhood Education