The process of choosing a dissertation topic is one of the most important steps on the way to obtaining an academic degree. It can be tricky, especially if you are not sure which scientific discipline to choose from. That’s why we have prepared this article – to help you make the right decision! In addition, we have also compiled a list of ten dissertation topics for each popular scientific discipline. So don’t wait any longer and read on to find out more!
If you are looking for dissertation topic ideas, the first thing you need to do is identify the scientific discipline you want to pursue. Once you have done that, it will be much easier to find a relevant topic. Here are some of the most popular disciplines:
– Social Sciences: anthropology, sociology, psychology, political science, economics
– Humanities: history, literature, philosophy
– Natural Sciences: biology, chemistry, physics, Earth sciences
– Technology: computer science, engineering
Once you have identified the right discipline for you, it’s time to start brainstorming dissertation topics. To help you get started, we have compiled a list of ten suggestions for each scientific discipline. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- The influence of social media on human behaviour
- The impact of economic recession on social welfare
- How does immigration affect the labour market?
- Discrimination in the workplace: causes and effects
- The role of religion in modern society
The rise and fall of the Roman Empire
Shakespeare’s influence on English literature
Renaissance art: between tradition and innovation
Religion vs. secularism in the 21st century
- The role of enzymes in chemical reactions
- The effect of temperature on the rate of reaction
- Factors affecting the solubility of a substance
- The relationship between light intensity and rate of photosynthesis
- An investigation into the factors that affect the resistance of a metal wire.
- solving simultaneous equations using different methods
- Investigating the properties of quadratic functions
- looking at how trigonometry can be used in real life situations
- finding out about the different types of numbers
- using algebra to solve problems.
- The works of Shakespeare in relation to his life and times
- An analysis of the poetry of John Keats in terms of its form, style and content
- A study of the short stories of Edgar Allan Poe, with particular reference to their Gothic element
- The novels of Jane Austen from a feminist perspective
- An investigation into the language used by J.D. Salinger in ‘The Catcher in the Rye’.
- A study of how democracy developed in Ancient Greece
- An investigation into the causes of the First World War
- A study of Nazi Germany, with particular reference to the Holocaust
- The civil rights movement in America in the 1960s
- The origins and development of the cold war
- An examination of the political system in the United Kingdom
- A study of how power is divided between central government and devolved administrations in the United Kingdom
- An analysis of voting behaviour in British general elections
- Political parties and interest groups in the United StatesOfAmerica presidential election campaign process
- – How does the family influence child development?
- – The impact of social media on young people’s mental health
- – Is there a link between crime and poverty?
- – How does religion affect people’s attitudes to same-sex marriage?
- Factors that contribute to happiness in life
- The importance of sleep for psychological well-being
- Why do some people suffer from anxiety disorders?
- The effects of trauma on memory
- To what extent can we know anything at all?
- What is the nature of reality?
- Do we have free will?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Should developing countries pursue economic growth or environmental protection?
- The role of taxation in promoting economic development
- The economics of climate change
- Inequality and poverty: causes and solutions
- How can small businesses compete with large corporations?
- The role of marketing in business success
- Social media and its impact on businesses
- The gig economy: opportunities and challenges
- How does the brain create consciousness?
- What is the evolutionary history of life on Earth?
- Can we use genetic engineering to improve human health?