A well-organized writing plan is a must for delivering exceptional academic write-ups. Devising an effective writing plan can elevate a writer’s performance and help them craft content of admirable quality. The 9 tips below are a compilation of professional writers from the world’s largest academic writing & essay help services and aim to guide students in delivering a flawless academic paper.
So, let’s begin right away.
Brainstorm Hard On The Topic
Choosing the right topic is crucial to a successful academic paper. Rack up those brain cells and think hard about what to write about.
- If you are given a list of themes or topic questions, then brainstorm on an appropriate topic and think about what & how you can write on it so as to score the perfect grades.
Choose a topic about which you have some solid ideas and know what & from where to gather information.
- If the onus is upon you to choose a topic, go through your textbooks, notes, library references, latest periodicals, recommended readings, etc., for feasible ideas.
- Narrow down your focus from the subject to a specific topic. Dwell deep into the subject matter and identify a particular problem area.
- Consult with your teacher & tutor and discuss with your peers an appropriate topic for your paper.
Develop A Proper Writing Schedule & Stick To It
Once you have the topic for your paper ready, it is time to set up a proper work schedule & writing routine. Having an appropriate writing schedule is a must for delivering a quality academic paper.
- Set up definite deadlines for each one of the following stages:
- Gathering Notes
- Developing the initial outline
- Writing the first draft
- Editing and Proofreading
- Allocate a fixed amount of time for working on your academic paper. You have to decide what time of the day suits you the best for carrying out your academic writing charge.
- Be disciplined & dedicated to your schedule. Make it a routine and follow it earnestly without failure.
Thorough Research From Multiple Sources
Using multiple sources of information can enrich any content beautifully. Careful research and note-taking are necessary to gather relevant & accurate information, which can elevate the quality & credibility of your paper content substantially.
- List out all reliable sources of information and start taking notes. Remember to collect all information in an organized manner so that you don’t lose track.
- Determine the number of primary & secondary sources you intend to use. Your choice should depend upon the availability of sources, the nature of your research, paper requirements and the topic question.
- Chalk out a proper research plan before embarking on it. Make a definite research schedule and follow it with discipline & diligence. Take notes as much as possible. Note down all necessary information alongside the metadata of every source of information.
- Writing and researching usually go hand-in-hand. Keep on gathering new data and refining your paper as your progress.
Design A Debatable Thesis Statement
A strong thesis statement signifies the stance of an academic paper on a particular topic, an assertion of the writer’s perspective & analysis. It sets the tone for the whole article and hints to the audience what to expect from the paper.
- Articulate your paper’s central argument or stance in a short but strong statement that will make the audience think.
- Leave room for debate and discussion. Use the body of your content to support the views mentioned in your thesis statement.
- Employ references to validate and reinforce your thesis statement.
- Craft a definitive statement that raises intellectual questions, has a precise & clear position and offers a glimpse of the writer’s mindset.
Outline Your Primary Ideas & Arguments
A basic outline of any academic paper is a framework of the central ideas, questions & arguments to be discussed & dissected within. An effective outline helps conduct focused research and deliver data in an organized manner.
- Add all strong arguments, assertive statements, primary pieces of evidence and perspectives to your outline.
- Develop a proper narrative while building your framework. Remember to write everything from scratch and in your own words.
- Add supporting evidence, ample details, relevant & credible references, acute explanations & precise descriptions, etc., to elevate the standard of your paper and show that you have done your homework.
Write With Intent
When you get down to the actual writing process, use the outline, the topic question and the thesis statement as your references. Use the outline for structure & organization of ideas. Follow the specific academic paper writing guidelines.
Write with dedication and discipline. Follow a definite writing routine if you want to submit your paper within the submission deadline.
Writing an excellent academic paper requires substantial effort, focus and a thorough writing plan. And comprehensive revisions are a vital constituent of such methods.
- Revise as often as possible and do so thoroughly to refine your answers & weed out any errors. RESEARCH, WRITE and REVISE.
- Read your papers from your audience’s perspective and try to ascertain whether they can understand your content easily or not.
- Revise to re-organize the presentation of your ideas, make corrections or even change the overall outline if necessary. Work efficiently to find time to revise both your first and second drafts.
Check With Guidelines
Once your first draft is ready, remember to do a quick check whether your content complies with the paper writing guidelines laid down by your evaluator. Check everything, from referencing styles, fonts & sizes, overall structure to indentations, layouts and arrangement.
Edit if necessary and give a thorough once-over again to make sure that everything is pitch-perfect.
Polish To Perfection
While not much different from revising, dedicated editing and proofreading are to be conducted after the writing process.
Edit for wordiness, spellings, punctuations, grammar, diction, and semantic & narrative elements such as the connection between ideas, lack of variety, vagueness, clarity, sentence structure, etc. Edit in-depth, and do not hesitate to modify or deduct content if it improves the overall quality of your paper.
Proofread the final draft for any final corrections. If possible, get someone else to go through your papers, work on their feedbacks and then get ready for submission.
And, that brings us to the end of this article. Follow the above tips intently and try to implement them while writing your paper. Put in some effort, and you are sure to end up with an impeccable academic paper & excellent grades.
All the best!