Tech Advancements in science have increased exponentially in the past ten years. With the proliferation of smart devices, widespread availability of high-speed Internet access, the meteoric rise of AI, robotics, networked devices, and data analytics—one can go on and on about the plethora of technological advances that disrupt industries and drive progress.
This article takes a close look at ten advances in tech that have the potential to transform the world at large.
We begin with one of the most revolutionary tech advancements of the 20th/21st century, Artificial Intelligence.
Table of Contents
From the time of conceptualization of the first computational machine, computer scientists and engineers have pondered and dwelled deep into the idea of artificial constructs capable of exhibiting human-level intellect.
- The 21st-century witnessed a renewed interest in the domain and, with marvelous developments in digital electronics & software technology, saw the reemergence of AI on a global scale.
- Today, AI is all-pervasive and ever-present. It is influencing every single sector, from power & manufacturing to healthcare, education, governance, defense, commerce, and so on & so forth.
- Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Expert Systems, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing– these are some of the most trending branches of Ai today with myriad applications and implementations.
AI has seamlessly integrated itself into varied real-world applications such as chatbots, authentication systems, vision system, computer games, personalized marketing & shopping, CRM systems, stock market prediction systems, etc.
Key Takeaway: With large scale implementations across almost every aspect of our society, it will not be far-fetched to say that advances in AI have the potential to change our reality.
2. Smart Devices and Wearable Technologies
Tech advancements in the electronics industry have occurred by leaps and bounds in the past decade. Processing powers and data handling capabilities have increased exponentially while sizes shrunk that much faster.
- Tablets, laptops, smartphones, wearable devices and smart fabrics are become common nowadays and come with extraordinary capabilities.
Smartwatches work as activity trackers & GPS devices, advanced wearable technologies such as intelligent footwear, smart glasses, epidermal fabrics, etc., double as health monitoring systems, while smartphones & tablets are the ultimate hubs of information access & management.
- Possessing substantial processing power and seamless wireless connectivity, smart devices act as intelligent sensors, gathering & storing data for further processing, either locally or in the cloud.
Key Takeaway: Smart technologies are prime examples of ubiquitous computing and are ushering in a truly digital future.
3. Wireless Technologies and the Internet of Things
We live in the wireless era, where everything’s connected with the other via a variety of wireless communication protocols.
- Network accessibility is a fundamental feature of any smart device. Various LAN & WAN protocols and associated technologies form the basis of wireless communications & data exchange.
- Wireless networks interconnect the majority of smart electronic devices. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi networks and Ethernet allow devices to exchange data at high speeds and even share storage capacities & processing power.
- The Internet of Things is the network of intelligent devices that exchange and process data via wireless networks. Smart devices & appliances, and wearable technologies interact with each other through these networks.
- Ubiquitous process automation is a reality due to embedded systems, remote sensors and cloud computing employ.
Key Takeaway: Smart homes, remote control of home appliances, self-powered smart fabrics that collect health signals & send them to your doc- these are no longer science fiction but solid reality.
4. Big Data and Data Analytics
The rise of the digital era has led to extensive digitization of information. Data has become an extremely precious commodity today, and businesses invest millions in extracting, gathering and analyzing consumer data to make better-informed decisions.
- According to Statista.com, the total data produced in 2020 amounted to 64.2 zettabytes (64.2 * 1021 bytes). Big Data Analytics is concerned with studying and process these massive data sets using varied mathematical & statistical methods to extract practical & actionable information.
- Data science is the umbrella term that encompasses data mining & extraction, data preparation and subsequent processing & analysis.
- Data analytics, automation and AI are often clubbed together and integrated into different kinds of expert systems.
Key Takeaway: Expect data analytics to change the façade of marketing, healthcare, education, research, and various other sectors in remarkable ways.
5. Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain
Decentralized digital financial systems have shaken industries, economies and traditional finance systems all over.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, etc., are some popular cryptocurrencies that have eliminated the necessity of a central monitoring authority. The digital currency revolution is disrupting and splintering global at an unprecedented rate. They are paperless, making them easier to track and harder to forge.
- Cryptocurrencies use the Blockchain ledger system to conduct and track all financial transactions. The system has greater transparency, better security, higher efficiency and lower costs.
The Blockchain system is gaining popularity as a data monitoring and record-keeping tool. The added security makes them tamper-proof and the basis of smart contracts, decentralized online marketplaces, etc.
Key Takeaway: Economies and financial systems are on the verge of a massive overhaul, and physical money may soon no longer find any usage if Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are adopted the world increasingly over.
6. Cloud, Fog and Edge Computing
Did you know that you can access massive computational power over the Internet?
- Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure AI and Amazon Web Services are pioneers of cloud and distributed computing systems that make remote processing a reality.
- Fog and edge computing are somewhat akin to cloud computing and are vital aspects of IoT. Edge computing involves processing data within the end devices & near IoT sensors. Fog computing is the distributed version of cloud computing where multiple interconnected processing nodes work together to compute data.
- The advantages of cloud computing are numerous, ranging from remote storage, processing and access, etc. Edge and fog computing build upon those benefits by reducing latency, security, privacy & infrastructure costs and reducing response times & bandwidth costs.
Key Takeaway: Run heavy applications, watch high definition videos and get instant results of massive data-rich processes from any smart device at the click of a button.
Advances in electronics, computation, automation and networking have led to the inevitable development of intelligent robotics.
- In combination with computer vision & intelligent sensor systems, AI is now allowing robots to perform different kinds of complicated tasks.
- Smart factories are now a reality thanks to the implementations of robotic process automation. Autonomous interaction of robots, guided platforms, latest navigation technologies, intelligent assembly line flows, etc., has turned plants and factories into autonomous manufacturing & processing units.
Robotics now has extensive applications in healthcare, defense, manufacturing, warehousing, supply chains, and households.
Key Takeaway: Robots may soon replace law enforcement officers, soldiers, and house servants. Quite similar to the reality in Star Wars, Star Trek, and Bladerunner, isn’t it?
8. Quantum Computing
Who would have thought that the phenomena underlying quantum mechanics would find such swift implementation?
- Google Quantum AI is the pinnacle of computational development that combines Artificial Intelligence with an experimental but incredibly powerful quantum computer.
Google revealed that its quantum computer with 53 qubits (the basic unit of quantum computation) solved a calculation in 3 minutes that would take the worlds’ fastest supercomputer10000 years to solve.
- Quantum computers can solve problems and work with amounts of data instantly, which even the most powerful supercomputers in existence could take millennia to process.
Challenges are many and formidable as companies like IBM and Google race to innovate & build machines capable of solving real-world functional problems.
Key Takeaway: Tech advancements, Our future generations will experience a level of processing power that surpasses everything today and probably can change our very reality.
9. Space Travel
There is an ongoing space revolution out there. Besides government-funded endeavors, private billionaires such as Elon Musk and Richard Branson invest heavily in designing and creating groundbreaking technologies to make space travel safer, more feasible, and affordable for the common masses.
- Ambitious projects on designing powerful & intelligent propulsion systems, researching alternative sources of fuel, manufacturing reusable & self-landing launchers & boosters, and crafting efficient communication & safety systems are sure to make widespread space travel a veritable reality.
Space X Self-Landing Boosters
- Designing large space structures, in-orbit servicing, active debris removal, and low cost space technologies – are some of the groundbreaking technologies ushering in the democratization and marketization of space.
Rendition of Future Space Colonies
Key Takeaway: Tech advancements, Travelling to space, neighboring planets and far, far beyond may soon become a concrete reality dissertation help services.
10. Analytics & Anti-Aging Drugs
Finally, one day we might witness the ultimate wonder drug that can reverse aging!
- Nanotechnology, medicine and biotechnology have joined forces to create a new class of drugs, which is capable of identifying & eliminating damaged & near-death cells while enhancing the lifespan of healthy ones change words in essay.
Senolytic drugs delay the natural process of aging and the onset of age-related afflictions such as cancer, diabetes, senility, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Osteoarthritis, etc.
Process of Senolytics
- Alkahest and Unity Biotechnology are two pioneering companies in this field investigating, discovering and designing molecules capable of slowing, halting & reversing aging & its consequences.
Soon, we may witness a world free from some of the most debilitating diseases and with people living their lives to the fullest.And that’s a wrap for this article. The 10 tech advancements in this article genuinely have the potential to change our reality and, in all probability assignment help, will do so in the coming decades.
Also read about: 5 Ways Data Science Is Revolutionizing the Tech World
Harold Gunn is a web developer and designer from a prominent software firm in Minnesota, the USA. An avid tech enthusiast and blogger assignment help, he is also a part-time academic writer at MyAssignmentehlp.com, a leading digital brand offering quality academic writing services.