Summary: Nowadays, migrating from one email client to another is very common. In this write-up, we will discuss the process of How to transfer Hotmail to Gmail account. Apart from that, we will talk about the reasons for transferring Hotmail to gmail. To get the complete information, read this article attentively.
Hotmail is one of the most prominent free online e-mail service providers that has over 100 million users at the time when it was newly launched. It enables users to send and receive emails throughout the world with the help of internet access. Lately, It was acquired by Microsoft and renamed as Outlook.com.
After this, many users want to switch to other email clients, such as Gmail. They struggle with the interface of Outlook as it is mainly design for business purposes. That’s why many users either want to switch from the Hotmail account to the Gmail account for personal use or want to backup Hotmail emails to Hard Drive.
In this article, we will discuss the most significant solutions to add Hotmail account to Gmail account. Before that, let’s go through the reasons behind the migration of Hotmail to Gmail.
Reasons to Transfer Hotmail to Gmail Account
Here, we will discuss the most important reasons which enhance users to add Hotmail to Gmail accounts.
- Gmail provides more space to its users than Hotmail.
- Users get more security for their data in Gmail as compared to Hotmail.
- Hotmail doesn’t provide any advanced search feature to its users like Gmail.
- Gmail provides more advanced features to its users as compared to Hotmail.
- Users can also use other applications of Gmail such as Doc, Sheet, Drive, Contacts, etc. Whereas, Hotmail doesn’t provide any other application for free.
These are the most common reasons that generate the need to add Hotmail account to Gmail. However, Now without wasting time, Let’s move on to the process of transferring Hotmail to Gmail.
Methods to Transfer Hotmail to Gmail
The process of transferring Hotmail to Gmail account can be done either with the help of the manual method or the professional method. Here, we will discuss both approaches separately.
Solution 1 – Manual method to Transfer Hotmail to Gmail Account
We will complete the procedure to add Hotmail to Gmail with the help of Google’s inbuilt features.
- Firstly, Sign in to your Gmail account by using your credentials.
- After that, click on the Gear icon that shows on the top of the right corner.
- Then, tap on the See all Settings option and go to the Account and Import section.
- Afterward, click on the Import mails and Contacts option.
- Then, provide your Hotmail email ID and press to Continue.
- After that, enter the password of your Hotmail account and tap to continue.
- At last, select the folders of your choice that you want to transfer to your Gmail account and click on the Start Import button.
After completing this process, your Hotmail emails will automatically start importing to your Gmail account. Now, Let’s discuss the professional method to add Hotmail to Gmail.
Solution 2 – Direct Method to Transfer Hotmail to Gmail
As we can analyze from the above section, the manual method involves complications to perform it effectively and effortlessly. Therefore, many experts highly recommend to choose the advanced and reliable Hotmail Backup Software. This utility is embedded with numerous advanced features that fulfill all the requirements of high-tech users Such as:
- Migrating emails Without Attachment files.
- Save the Resultant File at the desired location.
- Remove Duplicate Mail Items from the migration process.
- Split the resultant large PST file into small files.
Additionally, It has a smooth and easy-to-operate interface that is compatible with technical and non-technical users. It also enables users to save their email attachments separately into the folder. Although, this software is compatible with all the windows versions, including the latest Windows 11. It also provides a free demo version that helps the users to analyze its performance.
In this Guide, we talked about the several reasons why a user wants to transfer Hotmail to Gmail account. We have also discussed two perfect solutions to add Hotmail to Gmail. However, many experts believe that a professional approach is more secure than the manual method. Therefore, most users prefer it over the DIY (manual) approach.