Most people prefer to view their contacts in a spreadsheet that is easier to edit or view in Excel. That’s why in this article, we have covered all the reliable ways to open OLM file in Excel efficiently. We will discuss the manual method and an Automated Solution, OLM Converter, to do this conversion process easily.
OLM is also known as Outlook for Mac files. It is the file format that Outlook for Mac uses to store your email correspondence, contacts, appointments, tasks, and notes. The OLM file cannot be opened in Windows.
Microsoft Excel is one of the most popular choices for clients to handle their data. If you need to complete something manually, Excel includes a straightforward way to tabulate a list of email addresses, email bodies, and other information.
Causes to Open OLM File in Excel Sheet
It also highlights the multiple reasons users want to convert OLM file to excel on mac. Here are some main points discussed below:
- Users want to view open files in excel because OLM contacts are readily accessible in any spreadsheet programs, including Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.
- Various email providers and email clients can quickly import a CSV file.
- Unlimited contact information can be stored in CSV files.
Now, it’s clear why users want to import OLM file into Excel. Let’s move ahead to learn the manual tricks.
Table of Contents
# Method 1: Manual Method to Convert OLM File to Excel
Follow these steps to open OLM file in Excel manually:
- Launch Outlook for Mac.
- Import the OLM file using the “Import/Export” menu.
- Select “Export to a file” from the import and export wizard.
- The OLM file can be opened in Excel by selecting Comma Separated Value or CSV and clicking the “Next” button.
- Click “Finish” once you have selected the location to save the file.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
The manual method is free for the users but has certain limitations which make it less trustable.
- You must have Mac Outlook set up on your computer.
- If users have several OLM files, they must repeat the operation.
- Opening OLM files in Excel is a difficult and time-consuming operation.
- By using this utility, you can only export contacts.
- There is also a chance of data loss while performing the steps manually.
# Method 1: Open OLM File in Excel Using the Professional Solution
You can easily convert multiple OLM files into excel spreadsheets using the OLM Converter. It is a multi-functional solution embedded with multiple advanced features to view OLM files in excel. Various experts have recommended this tool.
Smart and Advanced Features of OLM Converter
- It is a risk-free utility to convert OLM to MBOX, PST, PDF, EML, CSV, HTML, and other file formats.
- Users can transfer OLM files into Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Office 365, AOL and multiple other email clients.
- This utility keeps the data safe and secured and maintains the folder hierarchy during conversion.
- The software provides advanced features to remove emails of similar nature.
- It provides a highly intuitive and interactive GUI to its technical and non-technical users.
- Use the Task Filter tool to save OLM files tasks into a specific date range.
- In addition, the tool lets you assign a name to the new output folder.
- The free demo version allows you to convert 50 emails from OLM into PST.
I hope you enjoyed this article. In this, we have provided all the steps of the manual process. However, it has some limitations, so we suggest using the OLM Converter Tool. It is a 100% reliable and efficient tool to open OLM file in Excel.
Read more: How to Move OST to PST File Format?
Veena is a prolific writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast known for her expertise in crafting engaging guest posts and managing successful blogs across various niches. With a passion for writing and a keen understanding of digital marketing trends, Veena has established herself as a prominent voice in the online community.