In most cases, unless you’re using a Sprint number or haven’t paid for the transfer, you can delete Google Voice number.
If you delete your Google Voice number, there will be 90 days off, during which time you can retrieve your number within that time, but you still can’t get a number.
Here’s how to delete your Voice phone number and what it means for your account.
You can find more articles on the Business Insider homepage.
With a Google Voice number, you can separate business calls from the rest of your life without buying a new iPhone or Android phone.
However, if you no longer need or want to have your Google number and you no longer want to receive calls on that number, you should be able to delete it quickly and easily.
However, there are circumstances where you cannot delete this number. For example, those who use their Sprint number or have paid to have their number transferred have no option.
With this in mind, do the following:
How to delete your Google Voice number
- Go to voice.google.com.
- Select “Settings” – this is the wheel icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Voicemail on the left side of the number you want to delete.
- Disable the Get voicemail via email option.
- Click Account on the left side of the screen.
- Under the number you want to delete, select Delete. Another page will open in a new tab.
- Next to your Google Voice number, click Delete.
- Click Next in the pop-up window to confirm your decision to delete your Google Voice number.
After deleting the Voice number, the pop-up window will display “Delete … Please wait”. After completing the process, you will still see the remaining messages for that number in your inbox.
You will then have 90 days to recover your number if you change your mind. It can then be assigned to another Google Voice user. You may not be able to sign up for a different Google Voice number for 90 days. So keep that in mind if you need an alternate number.
Also read about: What Are The Most Important Methods Of Video Marketing
Veena is a prolific writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast known for her expertise in crafting engaging guest posts and managing successful blogs across various niches. With a passion for writing and a keen understanding of digital marketing trends, Veena has established herself as a prominent voice in the online community.