As the security industry slowly begins to use social media, more and more professionals like you want to learn more about different platforms. One such platform is Twitter, a free communication tool that provides a quick picture of your thoughts with 140 characters. This is great way to communicate with end users, integrators and manufacturers in the security industry. If Security Today is preparing to provide industry-related Twitter chats, you should also be fully involved in these discussions! You still have lot to learn, but you’ll need to set up your Twitter profile first to be a security professional.
How to set up a Twitter profile:
- Go to www.twitter.com.
- Are you looking for the box that says “New on Twitter? Sign up for it.
- Enter your full name, email address, and a unique, hard-to-guess password with letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Click on the color button “Sign up for Twitter”.
- Clicking this button will take you to a page that looks like this:
- Now it’s time to choose your username. This is known as your Twitter handle and has the “@” symbol in front of it. It’s good to be a little creative with your username, but remember that you only have 140 characters per tweet, counting your username. You also represent yourself as a professional. So avoid using something that seems inappropriate.
- For security reasons, make sure that the little box in front of “Keep me connected to this computer”. and “I’m adjusting Twitter based on my recent site visits.” It has no check marks.
- Finally, click on the golden “Create my account” button.
And there you have it … your own Twitter account! Congratulations!
Veena is a prolific writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast known for her expertise in crafting engaging guest posts and managing successful blogs across various niches. With a passion for writing and a keen understanding of digital marketing trends, Veena has established herself as a prominent voice in the online community.