Quick Summary: Are you confused between Reactjs vs React Native? Which one is best among them? Are you able to reuse Reactjs code in React Native? Let’s explore the answers during this post/article comparing Reactjs and React Native.
- Blazing Speed with DOM: React creates an in-memory arrangement cache that computes the resulting differences, then updates the browser’s displayed DOM seamlessly. The programmer writes the code as if the whole page is rendered on each change, whereas actually , only those sub-components which are changed are rendered. This gives a foothold to Reactjs, compared to other platforms for developing mobile apps since speed is one among the important factors for creating a successful mobile app.
- Component-Based Architecture Saves Time: Reactjs introduced the concept of component-based architecture, which enforces the reusability of components, and thus, saves a huge amount of your time . This component-based architecture takes individual pieces of a bigger user-interface and converts them into an independent, self-sustaining micro-system. Thus, for instance , if any component within the Adset tab in Facebook Ads needs some major changes, then only that component is going to be reused and re-defined, instead of the whole UI of Facebook Ads.
- Reactjs Gives Powerboost to SEO: Since Reactjs is capable of server-side rendering, it gives an influence boost to the SEO of a webpage/app and attracts more organic traffic. When a Google bot visits a server, which has already rendered the content and pictures , indexing and caching of the content becomes faster. It gives an enormous heads up to the general SEO strategy of the web site . This fast visibility of web-pages gives the end-users a far better user experience, thereby a win-win situation.
- Huge Ecosystem of Developer Tools: Reactjs is blessed to possess an enormous community of developers, who have created a huge ecosystem of tools, component libraries, IDEs, extensions for code editors, web browsers, and more. The availability of a good range of third party tools and extensions unleashes a replacement dimension of innovation while saving time and resources at an equivalent time. Community-powered innovation makes Reactjs one among the foremost popular options for creating innovative path-breaking apps and websites.
What’s more, Reactjs is employed to create components under React Native, and React Native implements Reactjs under their framework.
- Platform Specific Code: One of the most important USPs of building apps and websites using React Native is the ability to get platform-specific code. When you use React Native to create an app, the framework automatically detects the platform it’s being run on. This way, it generates the proper code for the proper platform.
- Development Takes less Time due to hot Reloading features: Reactjs supports the recent Reloading feature, which provides developers the freedom to reload a mobile app automatically. This makes the method of development fast, and it saves time.
- Ready-to-use UI libraries for smoother UI experience: Component UI libraries exist within the React Native ecosystem. Such sharing of UI libraries like Shoutem, Expo, native base, et al. save the time required to create them from scratch, and this suggests that more specialization in innovation and concepts are often given, instead of creating libraries from scratch. So these are some major benefits of React Native that make it unique.
- Reactjs are often described as a base derivative of React DOM, for the online platform while React Native may be a base derivative in itself, which suggests that the syntax and workflow remain an equivalent , but components alter.
- In Reactjs, virtual DOM is employed to render browser code in Reactjs while in React Native, native APIs are wont to render components in mobile.
- CSS is employed for creating styling in Reactjs while a stylesheet is employed for styling in React Native.
- In Reactjs, the animation is feasible , using CSS, a bit like web development while in React Native, an animated API is employed for inducing animation across different components of the React Native application.
Both Reactjs and React Native are crucial pillars for app and web development, and they’re gaining traction with each passing day because of their flexible features and a growing ecosystem of libraries.
If Reactjs is perfect for creating apps with high functionality and sophisticated calculations, then React Native is right to offer a native feeling to your mobile apps.