Stress Relieving: Finding freedom is one of the benefits of college or university life, but this life comes with a substantial amount of stress. Everyone, especially students’ minds are occupied with staying away from family and home, money problems, study goals, completing long assignments, and many more. With such pressure thrown at university students, they began to have some stressed-out moments. The actual problem however starts when this becomes their routine. At a certain point, they feel the necessity to relieve stress and live a normal life. In this pandemic, when students are already stuck at home, having no real-time contact with the outer world and friends, doing long assignments is no less than nightmares for them. In this troublesome position, students may think of online assignment help services to decrease their stress level and focus more on studying.
Following are some easy and quick steps that can be implemented by academics to distress themselves:
- Exercise: This does not mean that students need to have a grueling gym session daily! It simply means to get the heart racing. Swimming or a brisk walk is an excellent example to start with. Endorphin is released by exercise and gives a good feeling. Exercise is very effective to treat depressive symptoms, just like antidepressants or talking therapies. Sense of accomplishment can be felt from exercise which usually goes together with various positive steps for good mental health. If one likes to get moving but does not find inspiration, one can opt for fitness apps where one can interact with other people and set goals to transform your mental health.
- Mindfulness: A relaxation method, mindfulness is a vastly used coping mechanism for those who want to tackle anxiety or stress – indeed great for university students. This is generally practiced through a guided meditation or deep breathing. When an individual is stressed, sometimes his/her mind behaves as a hindrance and cannot focus on study. Instead of ruminating over their problem, analyzing last attempts critically, or catastrophizing about the future, they need to take out some time to focus the mind on other positivity and relax.
- Talking to near and dear ones: Isolation has a very negative effect on happiness. Along with other age bands, Covid 19 has pressed the entire student cohort in isolation. The first step for students to feel better is accepting that they need help as well as communicating with someone they love, have faith in or simply likes communication with. Communication with other students regarding your course and you will see that you aren’t alone.One can also make appointments with student wellbeing services in their university or college. Most of the institutions provide support groups and free counseling.
- Advance planning: It is highly recommended to plan out the assignment stepwise so that there is no hurry at the last moment. There are various methods and techniques that can be used by university students for better planning of assignments and keep stress at a safe distance. These techniques are mind-mapping your initial ideas and flowcharts which pin down the entire structure of their assignment before starting the first draft. Planning may be seen as wasting time, but it is very effective. You will be able to see the revision break down into smaller chunks making it easier to manage.
- Work in chunks: This technique to work in timed chunks is used by many professionals and is very effective for academics. This method help students staying focused and maintain their academic schedule. One can have a specific amount of time for working on a single task, and then an immediate set of breaks is a very impactful productivity tool. There are customizable timers that can also be tailored according to personal workflow requirements.
- Set clear targets: It is very important to set achievable as well as clear targets for the chunks of work-time. Having achievable and clear targets can be a strong tool for motivation and will help students stay on track and focused. If one decides to work in the chunks of 25-minutes, he/she need to make sure how much productive they are during these 25 minutes.
- Do something fun and enjoy: This is one of the most important steps and can be described by the famous saying “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”. During break periods, students can have some fun! They can walk away from their computer, leave the desk and try doing something that freshens up their mind. They don’t need to go somewhere, but it takes a physical break from their computer. Stretches, some music, a cup of tea with a cheeky biscuit, that’s all you need to refresh yourself!
To conclude, stress and anxiety are quite common among university students. It is especially evident when one feels to run out of time to finish a long assignment. The mentioned tips can help college students feeling much relaxed and focused in between doing assignments. Still, if you as a college academic feel scared with your upcoming university assignments and wish if there is someone as my assignment helper,you can seek assignment help Adelaide assistance from such ever-ready online services.