It is helpful to know the different types of earrings when you are looking for a new pair for a special occasion. But you cannot just go with the earring of your choice, you need proper earring backs to secure your earrings in place. Though neglected, they are modest but vital in preventing your earrings from sliding off.
In this post, we will learn about four different types of earrings and earring backs. But before we proceed, this little guide will help you pick the right earrings according to your face shape.
EARRING TYPES ACCORDING TO YOUR FACE SHAPE
- Round face: The best way to lengthen a round face is to wear long, dangly earrings such as 9ct gold pearl drop earrings.
- Oval face: Oval faces complement almost any earring type. However, avoid earrings that are the same form as your face. If you are to take our advice, go for a round handmade pearl earring.
- Heart face: Earrings that are lengthy and heavier at the end provide emphasis to a heart-shaped face’s small chin. Go for chandelier pearl titanium earrings and you will steal the spotlight.
- Square face: Round earrings soften the jawline and complement angular features best. Pick pearl and aquamarine earrings in a round shape and you are ready to go!
TYPES OF EARRINGS
Stud earrings are often small and sit snugly on top of the earlobe without falling down, looping backward, or climbing upward. Studs have a simple design and are easy to wear. Moreover, it goes with any attire.
A drop earring can be just what you’re looking for if you want something simple but with a little bit of length. 9ct gold pearl drop earrings are a jewellery box must-have and one of the most popular earring types.
Cluster earrings are made up of many stones or jewels that are clustered together. They sit on top of the earlobe. Aquamarine and pearl earrings come in cluster design types and will make your occasion a lot more vibrant.
Dangle earrings are similar to drop earrings in that they hang below the earlobe. Having a burgundy pearl earring will not only add a special touch to your outfit but also make you stand apart from the crowd.
So you have made the decision to invest in some stunning new earrings. Congratulations! The major part is done, but you still need to make a crucial decision: which sort of earring backs do you prefer? Refer to the below guide to make an informed decision –
TYPES OF EARRING BACKS
Earrings with a clip-on back are suitable for people who do and do not have their ears pierced. It softly clasps to the back of the earlobe, securing the earring in place.
- Good for those without pierced ears
- The earring and clip stay connected
- Might cause ear pain
Shepherd hooks are simply wires that loop through the ear piercing and hang on the earlobe’s backside.
- Simple to use
- Can support heavy earrings
- Because it has no back, it may be easy to lose
- It can be difficult for a tiny ear to wear
The most prevalent type of earring backing is post back. It is shaped like a butterfly and has a small opening in between so that you can slide your earring inside.
- Simple to use
- Goes with almost any sort of earring
- Not as safe as some of the other alternatives
- Might cause ear pain
Hinge back earrings snap into a groove on the back of the earring. You’ll know that the earring is secure when you hear it snap or click.
- It’s simple to put on and take off
- It tightly secures the earring
- Not as safe as some of the other varieties
- Might get loose overtime
When it comes to choosing earrings and earring backs, there are multiple options to select from. That being said, if earrings add 50% of the charm to your look, elastic pearl bracelet, flower pearl necklace or pearl and crystal bracelets add the other 50% to your look. Shop your favourites to complete your never-seen-before red carpet look.