Follow our guide to know how to remove PST file password. If you use Microsoft Outlook to store your emails, contacts, calendar entries, and other items, then you know the importance of keeping your data secure. However, if you’ve forgotten the password to your PST file, or you no longer require the added security, then you may be wondering how to remove the password. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of removing a PST file password manually and with the help of PST Password Remover Tool.
Efficient Ways to Remove Password from PST File
If you have a PST (Personal Storage Table) file that is password-protected, there are several methods to gain access. Here are three different ways to remove PST file password:
Method 1: Remove Password via Outlook 2010
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on the “File” tab and select “Info,” then choose “Account Settings.”
- A window labeled “Account Settings” will appear. Click on “Data Files” and select the path to the PST file. Then click on “Settings.”
- The “Outlook Data File” window will appear. Click on “Change Password.”
- Enter the new password and you will be able to unlock the password-protected PST file. You can view the emails, contacts, attachments, calendars, and other items present in the file.
Method 2: Use the pst19upg.exe Tool
- Close Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the “pst19upg.exe” tool on your computer i.e. C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\\scanpst.exe This is a free utility provided by Microsoft to break PST file passwords.
- Open the tool and click on “Repair.”
- Before starting the repair process, create a backup of the PST file.
- Open CMD Prompt or press the Windows key + R.
- Browse the path of the PST file in CMD Prompt.
- A new PST file will be created with the name psx. Rename this new PST as the old PST.
- Type “exe-newfilename.psx” in Command Prompt and press Enter.
- Once the whole process completes, the PST password will be removed from the PST file. Now run scanpst.exe and repair the newly created PST file. Check whether the file is safe by running it into MS Outlook.
The drawback of using the pst19upg.exe tool is that it can only be used on MS Outlook 2002 and earlier versions. If the user is having Outlook 2003 and later versions, then they cannot remove the password from the PST file by using this utility. This technique is only applicable to the ANSI code of PST format and not to the Unicode format.
Method 3: Professional Tool to Remove PST File Password
PST Password Remover is a tool designed to help you recover or remove passwords from Outlook PST files. Sometimes Outlook keeps asking for password and users get frustrated , you can solve this error with the PST Password Remover Tool. This software is useful if you have forgotten your password or have inherited a PST file that has an unknown password.
Here are some features of PST Password Remover:
- Password Recovery: PST Password Remover uses advanced algorithms to recover passwords from encrypted Outlook PST files. It supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook and can recover passwords of any length and complexity.
- Password Removal: PST Password Remover also allows you to remove passwords from Outlook PST files without losing any data. This feature is particularly useful if you want to access your Outlook data on a new computer or if you want to share your PST file with someone else.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: PST Password Remover has a simple and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for even novice users to use.
- Fast and Efficient: PST Password Remover is fast and efficient. It can remove PST file password in a matter of minutes.
- Safe and Secure: PST Password Remover is safe and secure. It uses advanced encryption algorithms to protect your data and ensure that your passwords are not exposed.
This article mentioned three methods to remove PST file password. You will get two manual methods to open the password-protected PDF file. But the manual method has certain drawbacks that’s why we have suggested you to use a professional tool. It’s up to you which method you want to follow.
Read more: Top Software Testing Companies in New Jersey