PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor -known as a versatile web development technology. It is one of the popular and widely used programming languages. This platform allows developers to launch robust based secure websites and web applications in the market.
According to Statista, PHP rounded out the top five most searched for language tutorials on Google. It is powered by popular platforms such as Facebook and Wikipedia. Developers have many reasons to opt this programming language as it offers active community support, real time access monitoring, and cross-platform compatibility.
The list of PHP benefits is endless but among them one of the foremost reasons that developers prefer to opt for this programming language is it provides a huge range of third-party application frameworks to the developers. Symfony and Laravel are the widely used platforms to build websites. It helps to boost the speed of the development and also overcomes the several technical challenges. In order to leverage all the benefits of PHP development and its framework, partner with a PHP development company.
In this blog post, we have discussed the most used PHP frameworks, and developers should know about them.
Most Known PHP Development Frameworks in 2021
Laravel is one the most preferred frameworks of the web developers. It is based on open source and free attributes. This framework is written in PHP programming language and launched under MIT License.
Features of Laravel –
- Highly supportive with MVC ( Model View Controller) architecture pattern.
- Offers automated testing process and Source code optimization
- URL Routing Configuration
- Simple and easy coding process
- Easy to learn
- Wide range of security features such as – authentication, authorization, Email verification, encryption, hashing, password reset
Symfony was launched as a free software in 2005, but now it is known as a PHP web application framework and a set of reusable PHP components/libraries. This framework was launched under MIT License and written in PHP programming language. It is considered the best choice for large-scale enterprise assignments.
Features of Symfony
- Offers high performance
- Supports extensive range of database such as Drizzle, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere, SQLite, and SQLServe
- Availability of reusable libraries
- Helps developers in authentication, templating, object configuration
- Supported by a highly active programming community
- Based on open source and MVC design patterns
- Provides advanced functionalities and unit testing
- In-built toolbar for debugging
CodeIgniter is also an open source based PHP powerful framework. It is used for the rapid website development process.This tool allows developers to build robust and dynamic web sites with PHP. Written in PHP programming language and launched under MIT License, it is supported by an elegant toolkit and delivers high performance. Launched in 2006, it has loads of in- built features.
Features of CodeIgniter
- Known as a lightweight framework
- Highly customizable and provide long-term support
- MVC design architecture
- Requires less optimisation
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Session Management
- Email Sending Class
- Supports database MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3
- Defenses against CSRF and XSS attacks
Yii is pronounced as “Yee or [ji:]. It means simple and evolutionary also be an acronym as a “Yes it is!” This framework is based on open source and highly supported with MVC PHP architecture. Yii is launched under the New BSD License and written in the programming language PHP. Also supports cross platform development process.
Features of Yii
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Supports front-end operations
- Fast loading times
- Official documentation
- Comes with full-stack framework
- Offers faster loading speed
- Easy to learn and use
- Require extra configuration and installations.
- Extremely powerful class code generator known as Gii
As its name suggests, it is one of the most popular PHP frameworks. It helps you to build PHP based websites with less configuration. This framework is popular as it is supportive with extensive functionalities and allows programmers to build complex as well as simple web applications.
Features of CakePHP
- MVC architecture
- Active, friendly community.
- Flexible templating and Catching
- No Pre-configuration Required
- Easily extendable
- Wrapped with high Security functionalities
PHP is rapidly growing in the industry, and many new websites based on this technology are making its way towards the market. In this blog post, we have mentioned the best PHP frameworks that every developer should know to meet the modern development requirements. The above mentioned frameworks have their own specialities and ensure developers to launch successful projects with less time and effort.
Also read about: Does Free Antivirus Really Work?