In today’s fast-paced world, waiting for taxis is the last thing people expect to kick off or end the day. With digitization becoming inevitable, cab rental agencies are under immense pressure to explore the digital medium. As things stand with technology, a simple gadget named smartphone can encompass the world, enabling a convenient way to avail of services. The century-long taxi industry was the first to transform into the on-demand market space with the advent of Uber. Since then, numerous on-demand taxi apps like Lyft, Grab, etc., have established an everlasting presence in the sector. There’s paradigm shift in the way people avail taxi services. The conventional method of availing taxis via waving hands or reaching out to cab rental agencies via phone calls has been gradually replaced by booking best-suited taxis with just a few taps on the smartphones.
With Uber gaining unparalleled success and people preferring on-demand taxi apps, launching a cab booking app seems beneficial and profitable in every aspect. Are you entrepreneur who aims to build a taxi empire with an ultra-modern lyft taxi app? If so, this blog provides you detailed overview of the cutting-edge features that makes your platform stand apart and gain instant traction among the audience.
Why invest in an on-demand taxi app?
It is a well-known fact that the ride-hailing market has been one of the worst-hits due to COVID-19. With nations stressing on the relaxation of lockdowns, the market is regaining its feet. Before jumping into the details, let’s look at the reasons for investing in a taxi platform.
- Convenience and safety – irreplaceable: Requesting and demanding taxis with just a few taps on their smartphones is highly convenient compared to calling rental agencies. Besides, the COVID-19 pandemic has reiterated the need for safety, propelling people to prefer private transportation modes over public ones. This way, uber, lyft taxi apps can lead to a safe, secure, and convenient transportation option, making them a sure-shot success among the audience.
- Unrestricted revenue – A clear winner: On any given day, a company’s success is determined by two key constraints – revenue and satisfaction. With a taxi app, you can earn revenue from not one but numerous sources. The income-generating sources include commissions from taxi drivers, subscription charges from customers, in-app advertisement charges from third-party brand owners, and many more. This way, you gain unrestricted profits.
- Resurrection in 2021 – A healthy sign: The COVID-19 outbreak has halted the taxi sector’s proceedings for almost two to three quarters in 2020. However, as the market conditions currently stand, the projection in 2021 is expected to be only 2% compared to the pre-COVID-19 era. According to recent report by MarketsAndMarkets, the global market for ride-sharing projects YoY (Year Over Year) growth of 55.39% between 2020 and 2021. The market that was valued at $75.39 billion in 2020 will reach a significant $117.34 billion valuation in 2021.
Who are the stakeholders in a taxi platform?
Taxi apps like Uber, Lyft, etc., work efficiently on the supply-demand principle. Here are the different stakeholders to consider in an on-demand taxi platform,
- The admin
What are the features to integrate into the platform?
Features have the ability to captivate the audience in no time. Your taxi platform must house the perfect blend of unique and essential elements to stand apart. Here’s the list of features to implement in your Uber clone application.
Features of the Rider app:
- Single-step registration: Passengers can register with the platform by specifying the necessary information or logging in effortlessly via social media handles.
- Booking and cab selection: Passengers enter the pick-up and drop-off locations to identify available cabs. They can select from wide range of cabs available along with their fares.
- Real-time tracking: After booking the cabs, passengers can track the real-time location of the vehicle using the in-app navigation feature.
- Multiple payment modes: Passengers should have the option of paying via various methods, including credit/debit cards, net banking, digital wallets, etc.
- Ratings and reviews: Passengers can share their entire ride-hailing experience in the form of ratings and reviews.
Features of the Driver app:
- Registration with verification: Drivers register with the platform by specifying their necessary information. Besides, they upload the necessary documents for admin verification.
- Availability toggle: Drivers can switch between their availability in a flash with the aid of a toggle option.
- Accept/reject rides: Drivers have the courtesy of accepting or turning down ride requests based on their convenience.
- In-app alerts: Drivers receive instant notifications on ride requests in the form of push alerts, eliminating the need to visit the app every time.
- Earnings tab: Drivers can view their daily/weekly/monthly earnings in the form of detailed reports.
Features of the admin panel:
- God’s eye view: The admin has access to the entire taxi app activity from a single place.
- Verify drivers: In view of offering high-quality ride services, the admin verifies drivers for their skills and authenticity before enabling them to provide services.
- Manage transactions: The admin processes transactions between drivers and passengers after the necessary commission cut-down.
- Manage customers: The admin has the responsibility of managing customers by resolving their queries via an intuitive dashboard.
Unique features that can come in handy:
- Multilingual support: Enable users to access the platform in the language of their choice. This way, establish a global presence and cater to your local audience simultaneously.
- In-app chat/call: Enable passengers to communicate with drivers and vice-versa. This way, the entire system becomes transparent, eliminating possible hurdles.
- In-app wallet: Passengers find it difficult to enter their account/card details every time during transactions. With an e-wallet, they can pay for their rides in a flash.
- Real-time analytics: The admin can assess the performance of the platform by generating detailed reports on various metrics like ratings, sales, etc.
You can gain a stronghold of the ever-present taxi market by developing a secure and feature-packed taxi app like Uber, lyft. Features are the USPs that help you scale high and gain instant traction among the audience. So, what are you waiting for? Reach out to expert app development company and initiate your app development today.
Also read: 8 Important Features You Need to Know Before Creating a Flower Delivery Service App