EML files are easy to use as they can be easily Outlook (came preinstalled with Windows XP OS). EML folders contain a header and a message body. Because of compliance with the standards of email, EML files can be used with third-party applications, servers, and email clients.
Many users search for “how to open EML file in outlook 365”, but if you are using Outlook 2010 or later versions on your PC, then one can easily access the EML files in Outlook. But if you are using previous versions of Outlook, then you can follow the below-mentioned methods to open the files in Outlook.
Table of Contents
Top 2 Methods to Open EML File in Outlook Online
Use the below-mentioned manual methods to open the file in outlook.
Method 1: Open EML File in Outlook using Default Programs
One can use this method to open the file as in this method users will not have to go to any third-party software. Follow the below-mentioned steps to start the process.
- Perform the following actions for the following windows
Open the Default Apps dialog
Go to Start-> Default Programs-> Associate a file type or protocol with a program
Click Start-> type: “Default Programs”-> Associate a file type or protocol with a program
Hit Start-> Settings-> Apps-> Default apps-> Choose default apps by file type (text link at the bottom)
- Now, select .eml and click on the “Change program…” button.
- From the pop-up window, click Outlook.
Also Read: How to Convert PST to EML File Format?
Method 2: Open EML File in Outlook using Free WLM Software
If the method stated above is not working, then the user may use this method. Follow the steps stated below to start the process.
- Go to the drive in which your EML files are stored.
- Now, right-click on it and hit the ‘Open with’ option, and click ‘Outlook.’ Using Windows.
- Note: Make sure to take a backup of your data.
- Launch MS Outlook and WLM.
- In WLM, click File, then click on export mail, and then go to an Email message.
- Now, select Microsoft Exchange in the export option and proceed further.
- Here, you will see a dialog box pop up. Click Ok and proceed ahead.
- Now, either migrate all folders at once or a few folders only and choose the appropriate option.
- You will see here that the process is completed, click Finish to proceed further.
- Now open MS Outlook and search the emails.
- Finally, Drag & drop the EML files directly into MS Outlook.
Automated Solution to Open EML File in Outlook
Suppose you have tried all the above methods and are still unable to open the EML file. Then there is no direct solution left to open it but you can still access your file using the Sysinfo EML Converter. As you can convert your EML file into PST and then can view it easily by adding it to Outlook. The tool is best for fast and accurate conversion of the EML file into various formats like PDF, PST, HTML, EMLX, MBOX, etc. Users can use the software quickly and access all the versions of windows with absolute ease. As it has a user-friendly interface. Now, follow the below-mentioned steps to start the procedure of conversion.
Steps to Open EML File in Outlook
- Download and Install the SysInfo EML Converter.
- Now, select the EML files and hit Next.
- Tick a folder from the tree structure that you want to export.
- Select PST from the drop-down list as a saving option.
- Apply the desired filters and click on the Convert button to start the conversion process.
- Finally, one can save the conversion report by clicking on the Download Report button.
Now, that you have the PST file ready with you just add it to Outlook and view it with absolute ease.
In this write up we have discussed various methods to answer the query of how to open EML files without outlook. Which includes native methods and a professional method.