A google display ads is a form of online ad that drives the viewer to click-through the landing page to incite action. It is used as a primary marketing tool to sweep the audience right after reaching the Search Engine Result Pages.
By occupying a few top slots of the results page, the display ads create a mental deviation in the consumer’s mind and stop them from looking before moving down the ordinary links present in the results page. Thus, the businesses enjoy priority attention by executing a Display Ads campaign.
In this simple guide, we will acquaint you with:
- The case that favors Google Display Ads
- Tools that can help create Google Display Ads
- Google Display Ad Targeting
- Best practices to put up Google Display Ads
The case that favors Google Display Ads
Though there are many doubts raised on the effectiveness of the Google Display Ads conversion-wise, the marketers canny deny their appeal in attracting customers who are doing some search with non-commercial intent. The display ad can bring the customer with an implicit intent to the site; the other strategies can help a casual visitor convert into a loyal customer. Thus, displaying ads using broad keyword matches provides an online advertising tool that appeals to the masses and doesn’t rip the pocket apart.
A tool to create Google Display Ads
It is quite natural to think about the behind-the-scene action that helps put the display ads on the results page. The designers require keyword research and search phrases, demographics of the audience, user browsing habit data, and others to design the display ad and when to display it. A smart tool can offer a readymade solution for handling most of such requirements.
One such tool is the smart ads creator. It provides two primary solutions. First, it helps design the ads such that they catch the attention. Aesthetics, message, branding needs, and customer association are factors that come into play when branding is the focus.
The second objective served is that of purpose. If the display ad wants the reader to read the ad, click-through the landing page, and share or comment, its strategy is different from the one focused on driving sales. Marketing tools like discounts and loyalty points are essential, but the more important thing to offer is the quickness of the buying process and safety. Thus, the ads strategy revolves around the purpose when the aim is to serve smart ads.
Google Display Ad Targeting
The main work behind Google Display Ads is that it should deliver more value on a limited budget. Thus, Google Display Ads Targeting is the main working principle behind this online marketing tool.
What does it mean?
It means that the targeting parameters are layered to assure that they are addressed well and help yield the most relevant impressions or clicks. Thus, it involves steps like:
- Classifying targeting parameters into – people and context. People-centric helps to understand the terminology to be used, offer to be made, the time when to be displayed, etc. Context parameter means that the ads should appear in response to the relevant keyword search. The website’s purpose should meet the demand of the user who reaches the site in the hope of receiving the best-suited solution.
People targeting is again divided into – demographics and final users. You may have data like age, gender, civil status, income level, etc., to launch a demographic-centric campaign. But, it will be more like targeting one and all. The real user will remain unclear. Final users or audience, when targeted, help the advertiser to know the abstract characteristics like affinity, interest, need, etc. It helps design display ads with a bang-on approach when you know there is no parameter left out while conceiving the ad plan.
Defining the audience as in-market and remarketing: It is another way of classifying the audience. The in-market audience targeting means the display ads are designed for the people who are about to take the ‘buy’ action. They know precisely what they are looking for. An exact keyword match is an approach suitable for in-market audience targeting with display ads.
The remarketing audience is the one that did show interest in some way in the past.
So, it is at the top of the funnel. Since it is most likely to be converted, the aggressive appeal of display ads and their frequent occurrence is more pronounced.
- Contextual display ads: Moving to the context from people, Google Display ads serve more contextual information. One way is to simply add the keywords relevantly in the display ad content. It will bring those people whose requirement is best and the most clearly described through keywords. The advertiser is also most particular about the product it intends to sell and to whom.
The second way comprises covering topics. It is more like moving from specific to generic. The idea is to target a more significant number of people who might be interested in your genre. They may find the product on your site and at the best deal. But, they are not sure of how to search for the product. The broader phrase or more generic terms can be covered by using the topic-focused Google Display Ads strategy. It results in coarse funneling and expands the business’s reach to a broader audience.
Best practices to put up a Google Display Ads Campaign
Now that we have understood the rationale behind the actions taken in the Google Display Ads campaign, let’s move on quickly to steps that help put up an effective one:
- Keep top-performing keywords in focus: It helps you show your best power and achieve more with focused attempts.
- Apply bid adjustments: Using the data coming from display ads, the advertisers can adjust bids according to a performance parameter.
- Keep an eye on referral traffic: All the referring websites’ data tell advertisers about the type of content the target audience expects. Also, the websites referring to you the most are your hotspots for putting up the ad.
And most importantly, use catchy and value-adding headlines and imagery. The users want to have an in-site experience, and the display ad should offer it effortlessly.