Gojek: The digitization of businesses has become a hot topic in today’s technologically-driven world. Traditional businesses that thrived massively a decade ago experience a decline in sales, and the on-demand app wave that started with Uber has risen to the occasion. With enhanced smartphone penetration, businesses have an easier way to reach out to the target audience. With that being said, an average smartphone user already has 60-90 apps installed on their smartphones. In reality, they access only 8-9 apps on a daily basis.
With nine in ten startups failing, the high probability of going unnoticed makes entrepreneurs rethink their decision when it comes to venturing into the on-demand app market. What if an entrepreneur can digitize a pool of businesses and culminate them under one single roof? This idea is pioneering a shift in the on-demand business circle, and apps based on this idea are rightly called ‘Super’ apps.
By encompassing more than 50+ services, the app eliminates the need for excessive storage in smartphones. Just so you know, multi-service apps like Gojek, Grab, etc., are already ruling the Asian market comprehensively, and it is only a matter of time until the American and European segments join the Super app trend. And platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, etc., are working extensively to transform themselves into a Super app.
Are you an entrepreneur aiming to launch a Super app like Gojek? This blog provides quality insights on multi-service app development and enticing strategies to gain instant traction among the audience.
Table of Contents
Vital factors that steer Super apps towards success
Here are some befitting reasons why Super apps will emerge triumphant in the upcoming years.
- Smartphone penetration: According to Statista, there are 3.5 billion smartphone users as of 2020. This is nearly 60-70% of the global population. These numbers will grow to a massive 3.8 billion in 2021. As a result, people who aren’t familiar with PCs and Laptops will inevitably lay their hands on smartphones, making Super apps inevitable.
- Enhanced convenience: On any given day, customer convenience decides the fate of any business. It is highly convenient to access different services under one roof rather than switching between different apps. Besides, multi-service apps eliminate phone speed deterioration and storage problems. As a result, users will prefer Super apps to single service-specific apps.
- The e-payment option: Paying for services via cash has become the norm of the past. A decade back, credit/debit cards were used extensively to make payments. Today, users require a multitude of payment options, including credit/debit cards, net banking, digital wallets, etc. Super apps enable ordering, shopping, and paying under one roof, making it highly reliable and convenient.
Decoding the buzz surrounding the Super app market
The multi-service app market has gained the attention of investors and entrepreneurs. Some of the recent advancements and talks in the market include,
- Walmart is in talks with Tata Group to roll out Tata’s Super app in a joint venture. It is estimated that deal is valued at around $25 billion.
- Facebook invested a 10% stake in Reliance Jio Platforms, wherein the deal is roughly valued at around $5.7 billion. The deal can lead to Super app development in the future.
- WeChat, the most-popular Chinese Super app, is coming up with a range of mini-programs to enhance user engagement rates.
- Rappi, the popular multi-service delivery app, has gained the attention of investors, attracting a huge $300 million in funding recently.
Thus it is clear that even tech giants are rolling up their sleeves to venture into the exponentially-growing Super app market.
App development techniques – Choose your best way
Developing an app like Gojek or Grab is no easy feat. One needs to load the app with the right features, design a user-friendly interface, and conduct extensive market research to compete with existing players. While there are numerous ways to roll out an app, there are two predominant methods. They include,
- App development from scratch: In this technique, an entrepreneur begins app development from the ground up. By gaining the assistance of the right app development company, one can develop the app based on his/her preferences. This development strategy comes with significant pain points like enhanced budget, excessive time for development, etc.
- Customizing ready-made clone apps: In contrast to the above-mentioned conventional method, clone app solutions enable entrepreneurs to foray into the market in no time. A world-class Gojek clone app can be entirely customized and launched within a matter of a few days.
If you’re an emerging entrepreneur with a restricted budget, clone app solutions can be your best bet.
With smartphones becoming inevitable, it is only a matter of time until the rest of traditional businesses will begin to explore the digital space. Culminating multiple services into a single app can lead to enhanced convenience and reliability among the audience. Reach out to an app development company, and make your mark in the Super app market right away.