Gmail is arguably one of the most popular services of Google. Read this blog until the end to know about some of the issues that can cause inconvenience to the users while they are trying to access their Gmail account for personal and professional use.
Let us take a look at some of the simple methods that can be used to fix when Gmail is not working.
Table of Contents
Steps to check the status of the Google dashboard
- As soon as you are on the dashboard, a list of all the Google Workspace apps will pop up on your screen.
- On the right side of this list, a list of dates is available that is leading up to the current date.
- Now, if there is a red or orange circle next to the Gmail icon, it means that there is a service outage or service disruption while on the other hand, a green circle means that there are no issues with the service whatsoever.
In case there is an outage, you can try to refresh the dashboard page from time to time to check if the proper functioning of the email provider has been restored or not.
Another way to check the status of Gmail is with the use of sites such as Downdetector.com or isitdownrightnow.com. Not only this, but you can also check the status of other relevant services such as Outlook.
Now that we know about the network problems of Gmail, let us take a look at some of the other major reasons that may cause the “Gmail is loading very slowly” issue.
Email account access issues
It may be a possibility that you have switched from Android to IOS and you may need a little help in configuring the mail on your application. You can also try to add Gmail to an email client with the simple use of some steps to proceed further.
Let us take a look at some of the major methods that can be used to fix when Gmail won’t load issue occurs.
- Update your web browser- Always keep in mind to make sure that you are using a web browser that is compatible with your email service. Be it Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, or even Edge. To do so, simply visit the settings to check if there is an update pending for you to install. Unfinished installations may become the cause of this error as well.
- Spot buggy extensions- One can also try to open their Gmail account in incognito mode or a private window. It is so because users have often complained that some extensions may cause the Gmail app to not work properly. If you can access the mail account in incognito without any issues, then extensions are surely at the root of this error.
- Clear cookies- If somehow disabling the extensions is of no use to you, you can try to clear cache and cookies as that may also help in fixing this issue with relative ease.
- Removing your mail account- Removing your account from your device and uninstalling the application can help you to get a clean slate. This can simply fix all of the issues that are causing inconvenience to the users.
You can use the steps mentioned below to remove your account on Android;
- Open the settings of your device, to begin with.
- From there, you will need to click on the “accounts” option, also known to many users as “users and accounts”.
- Next, you will need to select the email that you want to remove to proceed further.
- In the next window, click on the remove account option. Confirm the option with the help of the option available on your screen.
- For the final step, you may need to enter your PIN or a simple password for confirmation purposes.
For IOS devices
- Open the settings program of your device, to begin with.
- From there, you will need to click on the mail option to select the “accounts” option and choose Gmail.
- For the next step, click on the option of delete account.
- Now, proceed forward by confirming that you want to remove the email address from your device.
- Finish the process by restarting your device to complete the process of account removal.
Let us now get to know about the password problems of this email service.
Steps to reset the password for your Gmail account
- Open your web browser and enter this link to visit the login recovery page and enter your email address, to begin with.
- Now, a few questions will be asked by Google to verify that the account belongs to you. Generally, these questions will be about previous passwords that you can remember, answers to your old security questions, etc.
Keep in mind that there are no shortcuts for this due to the security policies of Google. As soon as you are done answering questions, the team from Google will check whether or not you are eligible for recovery. If you are not, Google will encourage you to try one more time.
You can try to turn the odds in your favor by setting up a recovery account with the use of the steps mentioned below;
- Access your Gmail account and click on the profile picture icon that is available at the top right corner of your screen.
- From there, you will need to click the option that says “manage your Google account”.
- Now, open the security tab and click on the option that says “ways we can verify It’s you”.
- In the next window, simply move forward by filling out the recovery email address and recovery phone number fields correctly.
And just like that, you are done.
There is also a chance that your account was hacked due to which your Gmail is not loading on the mail app properly.
Below are some simple signs that can help you to identify whether or not your email was hacked.
- You are unable to access your account with the current password.
- An alert was sent to you by Google stating that a sign-in has been done on an unfamiliar device for your account.
- The username for your account has been changed.
- The user is unable to receive any new messages on the account.
- You have spotted a new IP address in your login audit log.
- The users have emails in the sent folder that were not written by them in the first place.
- Contacts or friends say that they have received spam or suspicious emails from you.
If you notice any of the things mentioned above, it might be possible that your account was hacked by someone.
Users should also keep an eye on the sync issues as that may also affect the functioning of your Gmail. Here are some of the simple troubleshooting tips to fix sync issues with relative ease;
- It is a possibility that an outdated or older version of the mail app may cause trouble for the users. This is why you need to make sure that you are operating on the latest version of the mail application to avoid sync issues.
- Restarting your device may seem like a dumb thing to do but surprisingly, most of the users have been able to fix the issue by doing so.
- Always keep in mind to check the stability of your internet connection before you try to access your email account.
- If for some reason, the email has not been set up properly, it can also lead to sync issues on your device. Try to make sure to enter the correct IMAP and SMTP server settings.
These are some of the simple ways that can help a user to fix sync issues without breaking a sweat.
For any further info, you may contact the help and support center of Google.