Many users use MS Office 365 for sending and receiving emails. Users who work with Microsoft Office 365, can move all mailbox data from one account to another at any time. For this, they need to export Office 365 to PST files. In other words, we can take Office 365 backup to save their mailbox data.
Now, we will discuss the simple ways to migrate office 365 into PST file formats. So read the full article properly.
Why Do We Export PST from Office 365?
These days people have queries like “when we need to create PST files from Office 365”. There are many reason to backup Office 365 mailboxes to PST that are described below –
- Secure data from accidental deletion.
- Sometimes a user account is deleted, then in this situation the user can restore their mailbox data from the backup file.
- To share mailbox data.
- If an account got hacked and the user wanted to import data, exporting Office 365 to PST file format will be helpful.
- Want to keep data for a longer period of time.
Exporting Office 365 files to Outlook PST files is very helpful to avoid the above situations. It will also help users to keep data safe. Now, we’ll learn the best way to backup Outlook 365 to PST file format.
Methods to Export Office 365 to PST File
There are two main methods to export Office 365 to PST files. One is the manual method and the second is professional software. In manual methods, users can take backup by using eDiscovery export tool and in professional methods you can use an Office 365 backup tool.
Migrate Office 365 to Outlook PST Files Using eDiscovery Method
You can save PST files from O365 following these steps that are given below –
- Enter login credential on your Office 365 account and choose the Admin Centre. option.
- After that click on the Security & Compliance from the left panel.
- Select the Permission option from the left side. After that, click on the eDiscovery Manager option for creating a new permission.
- Modify the properties of the eDiscovery manager to export PST from Office 365. Press on the Edit button in front of the eDiscovery Administrator.
- After Editing, go back to the Search and Investigation option.
- Select the Content Search option to choose emails that you want to export from Office 365.
- Choose on the New Search to create a new search query and filter the mailbox messages by using multiple filters, click on the Add Conditions option.
- Select mailbox data like Name and Description to export. At last, add conditions and select on the Submit button.
- Now, return to the Content Search page and check the status of the search operation. Click the Refresh button and open the query.
- Check whether the search has been completed or not, and select the Export results. Now press the Export button to start the migration.
Manual methods are very lengthy and tough. You can complete the migration if you are an experienced user.
Backup Using Professional Method
In this method you can use an expert Office 365 Backup Tool to create a backup of Office 365 email into multiple file formats. It provides you safe and secure backup without any file corruption. It maintains data integrity while creating backup.
You can simply create PST files from Office 365 by following these steps –
- Install Office 365 Backup Tool and choose Office 365 Backup.
- Provide your Office 365 account credentials and click on the Sign-in button.
- Choose the user mailboxes and click on the Next button.
- After that, select the desired Office 365 mailbox folders and press Next.
- Next, choose PST in the Save/Backup/Migrate As field and select other options as per your requirements.
- At last, click on the Convert button to initiate the Office 365 to PST migration.
As you hit on the Convert button your backup will be initiated and completed after some time. You can access the data where you saved it.
In this article, we discuss how we can export Office 365 to PST by using both methods. The first method is beneficial if you have maximum experience. So if you are an inexperienced user then you should choose a professional method. So that you can backup Office 365 to Outlook PST files without any data loss.
Read more: A Quick Guide to Migrate Emails from Office 365 to Gmail