Now let’s compare the two largest ecommerce players WooCommerce and Shopify. More than 800 thousand online stores are supported on the second platform. But according to WooCommerce, this particular company is the most popular in its segment. Here we look at who is the leader.
As many have seen, Shopify is the top choice of the two. It is characterized by power, ease of use, reliability, and offers one-of-a-kind templates, quality customer support.
But this does not mean that WooCommerce does nothing and will agree to lose positions so easily. It is an advanced e-commerce plugin. With WordPress, you can turn any website into a serious online store. It is also an open source platform, making it free to install.
In this article, we will talk about WooCommerce powered by Bluehost, the leading hosting provider for any WordPress site. Let yourself learn more!
Shopify Pros Benefits:
- the hosting software includes security and hosting, users do not need to apply a code to create a great online store;
- support we work around the clock, without days off and breaks;
- Multi-channel integration, can be sold on Amazon, Facebook, eBay and Pinterest channels as a built-in function.
There are also disadvantages:
- Acommission is charged for transactions, this is the only platform on which commissions are provided, provided that you do not use your own gateway;
- Applications cost a lot.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of WooCommerce:
- Customers can take advantage of the open source unlimited customization offer to customize the store the way the owner is comfortable with;
- Scalability, the platform offers a unique quality of flexibility, which will make it possible to translate into reality any plans for doing business on the Internet;
- Value for money, can be installed completely free of charge, and most extensions to improve functionality are inexpensive
This platform has its own serious drawback. It will be difficult for beginners to figure it out if you do not have certain knowledge in programming, creating an online store can create some problems.
Shopify is ahead of WooCommerce in terms of ease of use
WooCommerce is technically more difficult to use. Some knowledge will be needed here, as well as a willingness to study for some time. At the same time, Shopify is more accessible for the untrained person in programming, there is no need for coding knowledge to get the maximum benefit.
Therefore, as the results of our review show, Shopify is significantly easier for the novice user. If in doubt about this, you can see for yourself, read the opinion of newcomers:
“When you get to know Shopify, you will see that any element on your page can be easily modified.”
“If you’re looking to sell products, get serious and don’t care about having complete design control, Shopify is a great option.
It is a hosted e-commerce platform that takes care of a wide variety of technical aspects of online shopping, from domain name, hosting, to any security certifications. In this, Shopify will be a reliable partner.
There is also no need to install, manage, update software. No need to deal with security issues, backup. Shopify is easy to use as well as to create, which will allow a user without technical knowledge to create a good online store.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, will require you to do more work, find your web host, and take care of security issues. But these are not too serious problems. We recommend using Bluehost for a WooCommerce store. It is convenient, automatic installation is provided. You can use a free domain name as well as an SSL certificate.
We can conclude that moving from Woocommerce to Shopify is the decision of each entrepreneur in each individual case.