In case you are searching for an effective solution to repair corrupted PDF files, then this write-up is for you. In this blog, you will get all the possible methods to fix the corrupted PDF file manually.
PDF is known as Portable Document Format, is a file format used to view the shared document. It allows users to view, access, and share information irrespective of the software, hardware, or operating system. PDF files are password-protected, which makes them unreadable by some browsers. But as we all know, electronic files are never free from viruses or corruption. The same goes for PDF files. Let’s talk about the main reason behind the corruption of PDF files.
Reasons why PDF file is corrupted and cannot be opened
- Due to the problem with the hard drive or Storage media:- Sometimes due to the presence of PDF on the corrupted hard drive, a USB device leads to corruption of your file too.
- System Shutdown or power failures:- While working on the system, sometimes we experience sudden system shutdown or power failures. So, in that case, if you are transferring any PDF file, there are high chances of PDF data files getting corrupted.
- Presence of Virus:- The presence of the virus or malicious file in your system also leads to corruption or damage of PDF files.
- Download Issue:- Incomplete and failed file downloads can corrupt PDF files, especially when an unstable Internet connection. Incorrect downloads also damage the file structure.
Top 04 Methods to Repair Corrupted PDF Files
Solution 1: Try Other PDF Readers
If your PDF file is not opening in Adobe Acrobat, you can try the other PDF readers. There are many free PDF readers available in the market. Some of the best PDF readers are Adobe Acrobat: Foxit Reader, Javelin PDF Reader, Google Drive, Nitro Reader, Sumatra PDF, etc., But this method does not provide reliable results all the time. So, in that case, you can use the Third-party app to recover the damaged PDF file.
Solution 2: Restore a Previous Version of a PDF file
You can quickly restore the PDF file to its previous version if your computer runs Windows 10. It is an inbuilt feature in Windows 10 that allows you to restore PDF files to a previous version.
To restore the previous version, follow these steps:-
- Browse to the location of the corrupt PDF file.
- Select the Corrupt PDF document with the right-click.
- Restore previous versions by selecting the Restore option.
If you do not find the previous version of the corrupted PDF file then, in that case, you can try the free online repair tool to repair corrupted PDF files.
Solution 3: Use a Free Online Repair Tool to fix Corrupted PDF files
Many online repair tools are available in the market to fix corrupted PDF files. You can try them to repair damaged PDF files. But this utility is not an effective solution as it has limitations regarding the number of pages and file size and takes lots of users’ time.
However, many professional experts have recommended using the Automated Solution PDF Recovery Tool to avoid these disadvantages.
Solution 4: Fix Corrupted PDF File With PDF Recovery Tool
If the above-mentioned methods do not provide accurate results, you can use the PDF Recovery tool. It is one of the most reliable utility to repair corrupted PDF files and restore them into various file formats. It is a risk-free utility and provides a highly interactive interface to technical and non-technical users. By using this tool, users can repair multiple PDF documents simultaneously. Let’s talk about some features of the PDF Recovery Tool.
Advanced Features of PDF Recovery Tool
PDF Recovery Tool provides some extraordinary features to its users. Here are some of them:-
- This tool is designed with the primary aim to repair or recover the corrupt items from the PDF files efficiently and save them into a new PDF format.
- PDF Recovery tool provides two modes to repair PDF files: Standard mode to repair the minor corruption in PDF files and Advance mode for the severe corruption.
- It keeps the crucial data intact during the entire recovery process. Not even a single piece of information is lost while performing the recovery.
- This tool allows the users to preview the recovered PDF file data after completing the recovery process.
- It supports all the newer and older versions of Windows-based Operating systems.
- You can also download the free trial version of this software to evaluate its performance.
This blog has provided the 03 manual methods to repair corrupted PDF. You can use these methods to recover the damaged PDF file. Still, if you face any hindrance while using these tools. You can go for the expert solution PDF Recovery tool, which is 100% reliable to repair corrupted or inaccessible PDF files.
Read more: How to Merge PDF Files Free