Millions of organizations use Outlook to manage their emails. If you are one of such users and are looking to migrate emails from Outlook to Office 365, this write-up is for you. The first series of articles covers the manual approach to import OST file into Office 365. If the manual solution does not provide a satisfactory result, you can opt for the professional solution OST to PST Converter tool.
There are many reasons why you might want to import an OST file into Office 365. Perhaps you’ve recently switched to Office 365 from another email provider, and you want to import your old email data into your new account. Or maybe you have an OST file that contains email data that you need to access, but you don’t have the corresponding account anymore. In this situation, users want to import OST emails to Office 365. Now let’s discuss the various methods to move from OST to Office 365.
Table of Contents
How to Import OST File into Outlook 365 Manually?
Unfortunately, the direct method is not available. That’s why we have first to convert the OST files into PST file format. After then, we import them into Office 365.
- Exporting an OST file into a PST file.
- Import PST to Office 365
Step 1. Convert Outlook OST file into PST file format
Follow these steps to convert OST to PST manually:-
- Start the Outlook Account and Go to File Menu.
- Select “Import and Export. From the file option.
- Choose the Export to a file option and click Ok.
- Select the PST option and tap on the Next.
- Now, select all the files or folders which you want to convert. Select the subfolders also if you’re going to convert. Click Next.
- Choose the desired location where you want to save the resultant output.
- Check “Replace duplicates with imported items” and click on the Next button.
- Provide a password to the PST file if you want.
- Tap on the Ok button to export the PST file.
Step 2:- Adding PST file into Office 365
After transferring the PST files into Office 365, you have to import the OST file into Office 365. There are two ways to Move from OST to Office 365.
- By using the Azure AzCopy.
- By using the Drive shipping.
Add PST file to Office 365 by using the Azure AzCopy
- Install and Launch the Azure AzCopy on your system.
- Copy the Shared Access Signature(SAS) URL to provide permission to migrate the PST file to Azure after completing the installation procedure.
- After then, you have to upload the PST into Office 365 and create a PST to map(.csv)
- To add PST files, you’ll also need to create an import job in Outlook 365.
- At last, filter the data, and begin migrating the PST files into Office 365.
Users have to implement some prerequisites to start the uploading process.
- A role called Import Export must be assigned in Office 365 to implement this process. The Administrator will permit access based on the role of group management.
- Uploading can only be done via the network upload method. Direct uploading is not available.
- The shared folder should contain the PST file. Otherwise, the utility is unable to access it.
- It does not support the addition of large PSTs (limited to 20 GB)
- The Office 365 retention policy will need to be adjusted when the process is complete. This will be suggested because the emails can be older, and the system may not detect and remove them immediately.
Import OST file into Office 365 by Using the Drive Shipping
OST files can also be imported into Office 365 by using Drive Shipping. Copy the PST files onto your hard drive in order to upload them to Microsoft. A feature on Microsoft 365 allows data to be added from a disk drive. Microsoft is one of the top-rated product providers that offer this feature.
These manual approaches are free of cost but have limitations that make them less reliable. Manual approaches are complicated and require lots of time to perform the steps manually. There is also the chance of crucial data loss while performing these steps. But don’t worry, we have another expert solution for you.
Use the Professional solution to Import OST Emails to office 365
OST to PST Converter tool of MCT is the most prominent and reliable solution to import OST files into Office 365. Moreover, it migrates OST Items(Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks) into Gmail, Office 365, HotMail, IMAP, Thunderbird, HostGator Email, Yahoo Mail, Zoho Mail, Opera Mail, Yandex Mail, iCloud, AOL, etc. email client. Using this utility, you can also convert OST files into PST, EML, CSV, HTML, MHTML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, etc., file formats. It is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook and Windows-based operating systems. You can also download the demo version of this software to analyze its work performance.
We hope you learned the best way to import OST file into Office 365 from our blog. If you’re interested in learning more about Office 365, check out our blog for more helpful tips. This article provides all the possible ways to export OST files from Office 365, either manually or professionally.
Read more: How to Convert OST to PST File Format Free