content://com.android.browser.home/index is used to set the default home page in an Android mobile. If you are an android mobile user and want to customize the default home page then you are in a right place. There are several web browsers available e.g. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and much more. Each of which has a unique way of setting up the homepage.
Let us start setting up the default browser on an Android mobile phone
Set default browser in Android Mobile
In order to set up the default browser on Android follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Unlock the Mobile
- Step 2: Go to settings
- Step 3: Go to Installed Apps/Manage Apps section
- Step 4: Tap on three dots located on the top right corner of the screen
- Step 5: Menu will open up, choose default apps and click on the browser option
- Step 6: Choose your favorite browser that you want to set up as a default one
After completing the above steps, you must have set up the default browser in your android mobile. Now, every link you will search will open through your favorite default browser. After setting up the default web browser, now is the time to set up the default homepage. Every browser has a unique way of setting up the homepage.
Set default homepage on Google Chrome
If you like to operate upon google chrome and want to set up a homepage on it, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome browser on an android mobile
- Step 2: Tap on three dots in the upper right corner of the screen
- Step 3: Open settings from option, go to basics and you will see the homepage option, turn it on
- Step 4: In the chrome browser search for Chrome://flags/
- Step 5: An experiment page will open up
- Step 6: search for Force Enable Home Page Button and enable it
- Step 7: In the home page option click on “open this page”, enter the url of the page which you want to set up as a default homepage.
By following the above steps, you will get your homepage enabled as well as set to the desired web page.
Set default homepage on Firefox
To set up the default home page on firefox follow the steps from below religiously
- Step 1: Open up the Mozilla firefox
- Step 2: Go to settings and select General options in settings.
- Step 3: Go to Home and set the desired homepage
- Step 4: Select Custom and enter the url of the web page.
- Step 5: Click on OK and close the browser
Now, whenever you will reopen Mozilla Firefox, you will get to see the home page which you set earlier by undergoing the above-mentioned steps.
So, it was all about the content://com.android.browser.home/index, using which you can set the custom home page in the android web browser and for the sake of convenience two major web browsers have been covered up i.e, google chrome and Mozilla firefox.
Read more: How to Manage iPhone on Mac with Free iPhone Transfer Software